Tuesday, December 8, 2009

At the Airport

The airport is nobody's favorite place.  The lines, the people, the bad food that is bad for you and so not worth the money but you're hungry and you have to eat something.  Today, however, I am sitting in the airport (IAD) on my way to Atlanta and it's lovely and a learning experience.  I am here for 4 hours today because I had a friend drop me off on her way to work rather than paying a cab $30 to bring me at a normal time. 

I learned that 4 hours is the maximum amount of time that United will let you check in your baggage at the airport.  I learned that no matter the time of day or how few people are in the airport the security system at Dulles is amazingly slow and not run well logistically.

The Starbucks had no line, which was awesome.  I am working on my laptop and sitting right next to the power station which is wonderful.  And, when I'm done with this, I'm going to get a 10 minute manicure at the little storefront to my left.  Fab!  Good things can happen at the airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment